Ice Cube Gallery, llc exists to provide a space for critical dialogue and monthly exhibits supporting and encouraging “Artists to push beyond the norm and broaden their aesthetic -Ie. to be experimental in process, material, and/ or conceptual basis”.
Call for Membership Proposals
Ice Cube Gallery is seeking prolific emerging and established artists and curators for juried review to become a member of one of Denver’s most dynamic artist-run galleries! We are currently seeking all themes and styles of contemporary art that is pushing the boundaries in concept, process, and/or material.
Ice Cube is currently closed until we re-open again later this year, hopefully by June 2017. Our new location will be at con•cept, 6601 Colorado Blvd in Commerce City. Con•cept is being built on an old farmstead in the middle of an industrial area, just 7 minutes northeast of RiNo. We think this is Denver’s next exciting creative destination. Two brand, spankin’ new contemporary buildings are being built that will house a number of galleries and artist studios, with access by a planned light rail line scheduled to be running next year. We’re excited.
Our web site is currently being updated. Please check in with it for updates and to become familiar with Ice Cube Gallery, its artists, mission, and events. You may also check con•cept’s site at www.concept-colorado.com for information and updates on the exciting things that will be happening there.
We’re taking membership application for our new location.
- One solo show in the gallery for 3 to 4 weeks per calendar year
- Participation in group shows
- Low commission rates on sales (10%)
- Promotional support through digital media
- Personal creative growth and support through artistic discussions and critiques
- Opportunity to learn the business side of art and running a gallery
- A chance to be in on the ground level of a new arts community and to contribute creatively to its growth and development
- Cost: $75 monthly dues, one time $100 non- refundable deposit and $50 refundable key deposit, one year commitment.
Members attend monthly meetings, and have opportunities to participate in PR, Events, juried and group show committees, mentoring, and gallery operations.
GUEST ARTIST exhibitions for individuals and groups are also available! Ask us about the details.
To apply, Submit:
- Letter of Interest. How do you see yourself as a collaborative member of Ice Cube Gallery?
- A short (no longer than one-page) exhibition proposal outlining ideas for your exhibition.
Your proposal should include explanations of the purpose, concept and/or themes of your show.
- Artist statement
- Curriculum Vitae or Artist resume
- 5-10 images of your work. Digital format (.jpg), no larger than 1MB each. Please, include a corresponding image list with titles, dimensions, media, and year.
- Time based media: include links to view online.
- Link to your website/artist portfolio online.
Email all application materials to email@example.com. Total size of email should not be more than 7MB.
Questions before you apply? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.